Paul Weller - Heavy Soul
- Gatefold LP sleeve.
- Colour inner sleeve with photos and lyrics.
- 12 x 12” double sided colour insert with photos.
- After Stanley Road came the more ‘rootsy’, stripped-down style of Heavy Soul, once again the influence of British ‘blues-rock’ - Free, Spooky Tooth, Cat Stevens shone through (perhaps no coincidence that the album appeared on Island Records label!).
- Weller’s typical soul and R&B influences are filtered through 1960s psychedelia and folk - Up in Suze's Room is a hazy, gem, the soulful apology I Should Have Been There to Inspire You is deeply affecting.
- The album included hit singles - Brushed, Friday Street, the jaunty 60s-inspired Mermaids and the riotous, Jam-like Peacock Suit.
1. Heavy Soul (Pt. 1)
2. Peacock Suit
3. Up In Suze’s Room
5. Driving Nowhere
6. I Should Have Been There To Inspire You
1. Heavy Soul (Pt. 2)
2. Friday Street
4. Golden Sands
5. As You Lean Into The Light